- Time is ever marching forward,
- Stalwart soldier moving forth.
- Slave to sun and moon and stars,
- It cannot change or stay it’s course.
- Stomping forth, it blazes on.
- Sweeping over all as one.
- It has to be impartial toward
- Those caught up in it’s undertow.
- Tangled up, I am within.
- Called by One outside of Time.
- He beckons me to step outside
- The path of marching soldier-slave.
- But can I move outside of Time?
- Is it not a law on Earth?
- “And yet,” He says, “All things can be”
- “When on Me your life is aimed.”
- I take His hand and ever slowly
- Ease my very break-neck pace.
- I notice how the world turns gently,
- Rhythmic – moving by His grace.
- No longer marching, stomping, sweeping,
- I am moving to His song.
- Dancing through the days of life,
- Preparing soul for life eternal.
- I’ve time to hold the ones I love,
- To smell and feel and see and hear.
- I’m hoping we will all be ready
- For the days that last ten thousand years.
This entry was posted in live
. Bookmark the permalink